The Experiment Coordination Group is here to help with your Experiment Safety Sheet (ESS) and getting your experiment started.
- Telephone: 1-510-486-7222 or (internally) ext. 7222
- Pager: 425-1251
To page this number from a lab phone call 9-425-1251 and after the beeps key in your call back number, press “#” and hang up. From a cell phone type 9-1-510-425-1251
- If none of the above work, call the reception desk at ext. 7745 and ask for an announcement to be put out.
Experiment setup coordinator
Part of experiment inspection team
Use of hazardous gases
Biological and nano- materials contact
Scientific and technical advice
ESS administrator – provides paper ESS
Organizes ESS review
Organizes experiment inspections
Donna or David can answer your questions and direct you to get help with the following issues:
- Submitting your ESS
- Updating your ESS
- Using hazardous gases
- Additional safety documents for biological and nano- materials, radiation and chemical hazards, lasers, etc.
- Bringing hazards to the ALS that require inspection: electrical equipment, vacuum chambers, large endstations requiring seismic anchoring, lasers.
- Use of Cryogens
- Required safety training
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)