Monday, 31 August 2009 10:14
As soon as you arrive at the ALS, go to the registration desk on the second floor of the ALS (Building 6). The registration desk is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. See the page about working onsite for complete information.
Resources Available to Users
The ALS has staff and facilities that are available to users to ensure that their experiment run is highly successful.
Scientific and Technical Assistance and Facilities
- Safety for Users
- User Accounts and Emails - Users may set up an account for supplies and expenses, and may request a Berkeley Lab email address
- Shipping and Receiving - Detailed information about how and where to ship and receive packages, including samples, equipment, large items, and hazardous materials.
- Purchase, Delivery, and Storage of Gases
- ALS Chemistry Lab
- ALS Biology Lab
- Floor Operators (for after hours gas connections only)
- Storage Lockers
- User Work Spaces
- Machine Shop
- Conference Rooms;
to reserve a room
Eating and Sleeping
- Berkeley Lab Cafeteria
- ALS Lounge/Eating Areas
- Berkeley Lab Guest House
- Many restaurants in Berkeley will deliver food to the Lab.
- After-Hours Access to the ALS and Berkeley
-Lab shuttle service (last trip is now after 9:00pm)
-BearWALK shuttle - 9:30pm - 3:30 am - free shuttle between Berkeley Lab Guest House and any point within a half mile of the Berkeley campus. Call (510) 642-WALK and press 0 to talk to an operator. Pick up time is around 20 minutes.
-Order a private taxi